Hardwood Lumber Company manufactures high quality wood countertops, cutting boards and stair parts with very strict quality control. Hardwood Lumber Company wood countertops, cutting boards and stair parts are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one year. This warranty does not cover damage due to misuse, abuse or improper installation.
If there is any damage during shipping and it is visible when you receive your order, please have the delivery driver note the damage before you sign for delivery. If your order is damaged to the point where it can possibly not be used, you should refuse the shipment and we will get a replacement order made and shipped to you as soon as possible. If there is concealed damage to your order and you find the product to be unacceptable, you must notify us of the problem within one business day.
Minor warping is not considered a defect. A change in temperature and humidity will cause wood to expand and contract naturally which can cause warping, especially with unfinished wood products prior to installation. Minor warping can easily be corrected with proper installation.
All pictures on the Hardwood Lumber Company website are sample pictures of actual products. Because each piece of wood has its own unique character, grain and color variations are not considered a defect. Actual colors may vary from what your computer monitor or mobile device displays.
Unfinished countertops must be finished and installed within one week after delivery to be covered under warranty. Countertops must be finished and installed according to the Hardwood Lumber Company Countertop Finishing and Installation Guide to be covered under warranty.
Cutting boards must be re-seasoned and cared for according to the Hardwood Lumber Company Cutting Board Care and Maintenance Guide.
Unless noted otherwise in the product description, the bottom side of countertops and wood stair parts may have knots or other imperfections that are not considered defects. Character grade and knotty grade products will have knots or other imperfections on the top surface.
Prefinished countertops, cutting boards and stair parts are not covered under warranty against scuffs, scratches or other damage to the finish from installation or wear and tear from normal use.
In most cases, defective product must be returned to Hardwood Lumber Company for repair or replacement at our discretion. Depending on your location and nature of the problem, we may be able to have a technician make repairs at your location, or we provide you with product to make the repair.
The Hardwood Lumber Company warranty will be void for any of the following reasons:
- failure to follow all instructions in the Hardwood Lumber Company Countertop Finishing and Installation Guide
- failure to follow all instructions in the Hardwood Lumber Company Cutting Board Care and Maintenance sheet
- product is exposed to unstable conditions prior to finishing and installation, with a wide fluctuation in temperature or humidity
- wood countertops are not installed within one week after delivery
- wood countertops and cutting boards finished with mineral oil are not re-seasoned once a month or more often if needed (if countertop or cutting board looks and feels dry)
- wood countertops with an overhang over 10” that are not supported
- wood countertops with stove cutouts that are exposed to high temperatures without proper protection
- wood countertops with sink cutouts that are exposed to moisture without proper protection
- change in color over time
- normal wear and tear from regular use
- misuse, abuse, alternation, neglect, accidental or intentional damage